More than a luxury, massage is a vital part of self-care that has a positive effect on you as you work, play, and care for others.
360 Health Advantage knows the benefits of massage therapy and wants you to experience them.
Massage can boost immunity, helping fend off illness, meaning fewer medical bills and days off work. And now, more than ever, 360 Health Advantage is playing a role in reducing stress and strengthening the health of Americans. When our clients feel their best, they are more likely to be able to face challenges with poise, clarity of purpose, and strengthened emotional reserves. The better you feel, the better job you can do of caring for yourself and your loved ones.
List of Physical Benefits
- Helps relieve stress and aids relaxation
- Helps relieve muscle tension and stiffness
- Alleviates discomfort during pregnancy
- Fosters faster healing of strained muscles and sprained ligaments; reduces pain and swelling;
reduces formation of excessive scar tissue
- Reduces muscle spasms
- Provides greater joint flexibility and range of motion
- Enhances athletic performance
- Treats injuries caused during sports or work
- Promotes deeper and easier breathing
- Improves circulation of blood and movement of lymph fluids
- Reduces blood pressure
- Helps relieve tension-related headaches and effects of eye-strain
- Enhances the health and nourishment of skin
- Improves posture
- Strengthens the immune system
- Treats musculoskeletal problems
- Post operative rehabilitation
- Rehabilitation after injury
List of Mental Benefits
- Promotes a relaxed state of mental alertness
- Fosters peace of mind
- Helps relieve mental stress
- Improves the ability to monitor stress signals and respond appropriately
- Enhances capacity for calm thinking and creativity
- Emotional benefits
- Fosters a feeling of well-being
- Reduces levels of anxiety
- Creates body awareness
- Increases awareness of mind-body connection
Truly, massage is more than a luxury. It's a vital part of self-care that has a positive ripple effect on our being and those around us.
Following are three health reasons that encompass why all American adults should take advantage of the care available at 360 Health Advantage:
1. We Can Help Tension in the Home
Children are very sensitive and often pick up on tension in the household. Massage therapy helps parents to be better caregivers and provide a sense of security for their kids. This is the same for caregivers of aging parents and other family members as well. 360 Health Advantage provides opportunities for tension relief, clearer thinking, and emotional balance as a result of our therapeutic massages.
2. We Can Help Improve Your Value at Work
The health benefits of massage can help forestall illness reducing lost work time, improve decision-making and job performance, and provide for clearer focus and more energy.
A hint for the boss: Research shows employees exhibit less stress and improved performance when given twice-weekly, 15-minute massages in the office! Call a 360 Health Advantage location to host a free chair massage in your workplace.
A hint for the employee: Experience also shows that a one-hour massage has the same relaxing and stress-relieving benefits as a two-day vacation. When you don't have time to leave for two days, let your body take a healthy and relaxing vacation with a one-hour massage at 360 Health Advantage.
3. We Can Help Relieve Existing Conditions
Those with pre-existing health conditions can continue to reap benefits in the following ways:
- Abdominal Surgery: After massage is introduced, patients of abdominal surgery recover more quickly.
- Alzheimer's: Customized massage around the neck and shoulders has shown reduced pacing, irritability, and restlessness in patients with Alzheimer's.
- Arthritis: Massage is beneficial in reducing symptoms associated with arthritis.
- Asthma: Massage is beneficial in reducing symptoms associated with asthma.
- Back Pain: Deep-tissue massage is effective in treating back pain.
- Burns: Massage is beneficial in reducing symptoms associated with burns, including a decrease in itching.
- Carpal Tunnel: Massage reduces symptoms of carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Fibromyalgia: Fibromyalgia patients receiving deep-tissue massage also have less pain, depression, anxiety, stiffness, fatigue, and sleep problems.
- High Blood Pressure: Massage is beneficial in reducing symptoms of high blood pressure.
- Labor Pain: Massage during labor appears to reduce stress and anxiety, relax muscles, and help block pain. Some medical professionals believe massage also reduces tearing, shortens labor, reduces the need for medication and shortens the hospital stays.
- Oncology: After massage therapy is introduced, oncology patients show less pain, fatigue, nausea, anxiety, and depression.
- Osteoarthritis: Deep-tissue massage is effective in treating osteoarthritis.
- PMS: Massage is beneficial in reducing symptoms associated with premenstrual syndrome.
- Postsurgical Pain: Massage therapy is effective in reducing postsurgical pain.
- Premature Babies: Those babies receiving massage therapy gain more weight and have shorter hospital stays than other premature babies.
- Soreness: Massage can reduce sports-related soreness and improve circulation--good to know when you may be exercising more to reduce stress.
- Strokes: With massage therapy, stroke patients show less anxiety and lower blood pressure.
(Source: American Massage Therapy Association)